What is Digital Out Of Home (DOOH)?
DOOH is a term that you may have come across when considering an advertising campaign, but you may not understand what it’s about, or why you should be using it. Let us explain.
DOOH, or Digital Out of Home media is currently one of the hottest trends in the marketing world. It’s considered to be one of the best mediums when it comes to advertising and reaching your target market, thanks to its creative potential. But if you’re not an industry insider you may be wondering exactly what it is, how it works, and why you should consider it an integral part of any marketing campaign.
What is Digital Out of Home (DOOH)?
Let’s begin with what is OOH which stands for Out of Home. This refers to media such as billboards and static signage. Digital Out of Home is a modern extension of the concept, and is simply the digital signage that appears out in public spaces. DOOH includes digital billboards, outdoor signage, small digital signs, and even television screens. It can be used to advertise products or to communicate information.
You can find DOOH in a wide range of settings, from bus shelters, train stations, and on the street, through to shopping centres, and even in doctors’ waiting rooms. London’s Piccadilly Lights is one of the best known examples in the world, along with Times Square in the USA.
Why would you use outdoor advertising ?
Although it might seem old fashioned in this digital age with so much focus on online campaigns and digital media, outdoor advertising is still one of the most effective ways of capturing the attention of your target audience.
The main benefit of outdoor advertising is that it’s a form of ‘interruption marketing’. That is, that it cannot be turned off, and they capture attention. Such signage stands out and grabs the interest of the bystander for long enough to get your brand’s message out there.
The unchanging presence of OOH advertising builds authority over time, as people see the same images and branding over and over again. It creates a consistent message that people come to know and trust, helping that brand to secure a share of the market.
Of course outdoor advertising – as with any advertising campaign – requires careful planning to make the most of its return on investment. The locations of your out of home advertising should be carefully considered to reach the ideal demographic, as should the message that you want to convey.
Why does DOOH Work?
Digital OOH signage has a strong advantage over traditional outdoor advertising, as the images capture the audiences attention and interest more easily and for a longer period of time. And the more creative the better.
The interactivity of this digital display means that it’s never been easier to attract the attention of passersby.
Unlike traditional billboards, which show the same static images for the duration of campaigns, digital out of home displays show images, and can show multiple ads that can form part of a programmatic advertising campaign.
Why Digital Outdoor Advertising?
Why Digital Outdoor Advertising Works
Is Dooh Effective?
- Outdoor advertising costs 80% less than television or newspaper ads
- Everyone who leaves their home is exposed to outdoor advertising media!
- People spend 70% of their time out of home and on the move
- 69% of consumers make purchase decisions outside of their home frequently
- Over 8 in 10 of billboard viewers look at the advertising message
- 55% of those who saw a digital billboard could recall the specific message displayed
- 84% of UK retailers regard digital signage as an opportunity to significantly raise brand awareness
- It was recorded that 70% of UK adults have seen a digital video display in the past month versus 43% on the internet or 41% on Facebook
- DOOH holds 50% of the UK market by revenue, pushing up sales by encouraging automation and efficient buying
- 40% of viewers specifically visited a store or restaurant after they saw a digital advert displayed
- 19% of consumers claimed to have made a unplanned, impulse purchase of products they saw advertised digitally
- 80% of brands experienced a significant increase of up to 33% in additional sales through DOOH
Let us help you influence your audience in real time
Ready for Digital Domination?
If you’re not sure how to start or what you need, simply call or fill in the
contact form and we will help you decide what will work best for you.